Heartburn is one of the most common manifestations of gastrointestinal disorders. Sensations in people who are concerned about heartburn, it is similar to a burning sensation in the chest area. Such sensations are connected with the fact that the caustic gastric juice is thrown into the esophagus itself and irritates the mucous membrane. The occurrence of heartburn does not depend on either gender or age, however there are a number of reasons that can provoke it. So why is heartburn?
Causes of Heartburn
- One of the main reasons is the wrong meal schedule. It can be both overeating and hunger. All sorts of snacks, food on the go, food in dry food, fast food. All this leads to a malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract and to such an unpleasant consequence, like the occurrence of heartburn.
- Excessive spicy, sweet or fatty foods also cause heartburn. The inability to control their desires in the choice of such food is extremely negative for health.
- Obesity. As you know, obesity is a disease. In this case, heartburn is only a small fraction of what the patient has to face.
- Damage to the muscles supporting the stomach and esophagus. Damage to the diaphragm also leads to heartburn attacks.
- Perhaps the only pleasant reason why heartburn can occur is pregnancy. The fetus puts pressure on the organs of the gastrointestinal tract and in this connection somewhat disrupts their work.
- Smoking also has a detrimental effect on digestion, and, accordingly, on everything associated with digestion.
- There is a list of products that rather do not cause heartburn, but intensify and increase its appearance - these are citruses, mint, chocolate, onions and tomatoes. They are strong irritants and in a large number provoke the release of gastric juice into the esophagus.
- Abuse of carbonated drinks, alcohol and coffee, especially on an empty stomach, also causes heartburn.
- There are also drugs whose composition causes heartburn in patients. Usually these drugs are recommended to be taken after meals.
- The behavior of a person during and after a meal also matters. In no case should the poses be too closed and pinch the stomach, and the clothes too tight. Lifting heavy objects after meals is also by no means impossible.
- Another reason highlighted by experts, but constantly forgotten by all, is stress. Stress affects our entire body. Signals from the brain, which is overloaded with information or irritated, are violated, and this can be expressed in heartburn.
With reasons more or less understood. Now let's see what needs to be done in order for heartburn to go out of your life.
Measures to combat heartburn
- The very first measure to get rid of heartburn is a struggle with the cause that causes it. That is, if you are a smoker - you need to stop them being, if you suffer from extra pounds, then you need to lose them, if you eat too much sweet \ fat \ hot, then you need to limit yourself to this. Make a standardized schedule of meals per day and stick to it. Give up bad habits and be careful with medication.
- Consult a doctor. Only he will be able to prescribe you the reception of funds that lower the acidity of the gastric environment.
- In no case do not resort to self-treatment. Even such a well-known way, how to drink a glass of water with soda, can harm you and give you absolutely the opposite effect.
Why does the dog itch
Pregnant, athletic and happy
What is radiation
How to celebrate New Year 2017
Where to go to work in the summer
Ageratum: planting and growing