What is and what does the movie look like?
Cereals are known to all of us and are commonly used for the preparation of side dishes and cereals. But some of them are unusual and not so popular. For example, little is known about such a culture as kinoa. But it's time to correct this situation. Find out what it is, learn about the useful properties of such cereals.
What it is?
Quinoa is a cereal crop belonging to the Marevyh family. It grows mainly on mountain slopes (for example, in the Andes), and also in South America. The Indians learned about the first such cereal, and they began to grow it and use it to make cakes.
Representatives of Inca civilization used kinoa and considered such cereal a "grain of life". And the people of the Andes have cultivated such a culture about 3 thousand years ago. The Spanish conquerors considered quinoa as food of the Indians and despised such cereals.
Today attempts to cultivate such a cereal continue, but still the areas where it grows, still not so much. But still in some regions (for example, in such as Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador) production has already been put on stream, which makes it possible to supply movies to other countries.And yet, some are still very skeptical about this culture, but in vain.
Quinoa looks like buckwheat or corn grits (depending on the degree of grain cleaning). It tastes like brown rice.
The composition of quinoa is quite rich. It includes proteins, various essential amino acids, lysine, fats, carbohydrates, fiber. There are a lot of vitamins, such as C, B3, B5, B9, B6, B1, B2, A and E. There are also various minerals and trace elements: phosphorus, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, copper, selenium, manganese, zinc, sodium and others.
We list the useful properties of cereal grains:
- First of all, it is worth noting that there is a fairly large amount of protein. A protein, as you know - it's literally bricks, from which the cells of our body are built. A protein is especially needed for muscle tissue. By the way, it is digested even better than the one contained in products of animal origin.
- Cellulose, which is part of, allows you to normalize digestion, as it stimulates the intestinal wall.
- In addition, fiber helps to eliminate toxins and slags, which, by the way, is useful for metabolism.This means that cereals are quite useful for losing weight (accelerated metabolism is the first step towards a slim figure).
- Carbohydrates, which are also available here - a source of energy. Having eaten a portion of such cereal, you will feel a charge of vivacity and a burst of energy.
- There is a lot of calcium, as well as lysine, which helps calcium to be properly absorbed. And all this makes this grain useful for bone structures. In addition, with regular use, you can protect yourself from diseases such as arthrosis, arthritis and the like.
- Iron is necessary for those who suffer from anemia, as it helps to increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- With regular use, brain activity will improve, leading to improved memory and response.
- Such croup is useful for cardiovascular system, because, firstly, it strengthens the heart muscle and the walls of the vessels, and, secondly, it helps to remove excess harmful cholesterol.
- Quinoa can also be called a means of preventing cancer.
- There is a wound-healing effect.
- In some countries, this kind of rump is recommended for people during rehabilitation after severe illness ortransferred operations.
- Some believe that quinoa can get rid of headaches and even migraines.
- It is believed that with regular use of this cereal, you can gradually reduce blood sugar levels.
Is it harmful?
Quinoa has some contraindications to use:
- Since such cereal, firstly, is not habitual for many countries and, secondly, it contains toxic saponins, it should not be given to children under the age of three.
- It is not recommended to use kinoa and lactating mothers (because everything they eat, gets into milk and then to the baby).
- Contraindications are also some kidney diseases.
- When gout is not worth the risk, because this cereal contains oxalate, which can gradually be deposited in the joints.
As for the allergy, this phenomenon is a rarity, because the movie does not contain gluten (namely this substance provokes the development of undesirable reactions).
Abuse may cause digestive problems: abdominal pain, heaviness, flatulence, nausea.
How to choose how to store and where to buy?
It is best to buy quinoa in large, trusted stores; you can find this product in the cereals department.The price for 1 kilogram can vary from 350 to 500 rubles, which, of course, is very, very expensive. But sometimes you can pamper yourself.
When choosing a movie, pay attention to the packaging. It should be whole and have a transparent area that will allow you to assess the quality of the grains. But only a small area should be transparent, since light is harmful for a given culture. Also be sure to pay attention to the expiration date.
With regard to storage, it is better to remove the container with cereal (ideal - it is an opaque jar with a lid) in a cool dark place, for example, in the refrigerator.
How to cook?
How to cook quinoa? In this there is absolutely nothing difficult, although, of course, some subtleties are available.
Saponins, included in the composition, give the groats a bitter taste. But you can get rid of it, if you soak the seeds for a few hours (or better at night) in cold water. It is not necessary to wash quinoa for a long time, one or two times is enough.
The easiest way to cook is boiling. Such croup is cooked even faster than the usual rice or buckwheat, just 15 minutes is enough. For one part of the cereal you need to take two parts of water.
Quinoa can also cook a variety of dishes.For example, you can make salads, cereals, and even bake bread or pastries. We offer interesting recipes.
Porridge with berries
For its preparation will require:
- 1 glass of quinoa;
- 2 cups of milk;
- 1 cup of berries (for example, strawberries, raspberries or blueberries);
- 3 tablespoons of honey;
- Kinoa soak for several hours, then rinse.
- Pour the milk into the pan with a thick bottom, put on the fire.
- When the milk boils, carefully pour the cereal into it.
- Cook everything, stirring for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add honey and berries (they can be pre-cut).
- Porridge is ready!
Quinoa salad with shrimps and vegetables
To make this delicious salad, you will need:
- 100 grams of quinoa;
- 300 grams of water;
- 100 grams of green peas;
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes;
- 200 grams of shrimp;
- lettuce leaves;
- salt to taste;
- olive oil and lemon juice for dressing.
- Soak the cereal for a few hours, rinse, and then boil it in salted water.
- Peas boil.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Boil the shrimp in salted water until cooked, peel.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves and narvite.
- Mix olive oil with lemon juice and salt. This is a gas station.
- Mix all ingredients, add dressing.
- Delicious and healthy salad is ready!
Discover quinoa groats and at least occasionally delight and surprise your household with dishes from it. I wish you health and, of course, bon appetite!
Educational games: earbuds
DIY Fence Repair
What temperature should be at home
Coloring pages for adults, or the best way to relieve stress
How to install ICQ on the phone
What is the area of the figure
What is good spring