What books can I read?
Want to read something interesting, but do not know what to choose? Various forums and social networks created by the caring hands of book lovers from different countries can help. So, for the search for the most "hit" works of different genres, we turned to the readers of the resource Livelib.ru. About what books are very popular, we will talk in this article.
Fantasy and fantasy
- Stephen King "Country of joy" (2013). New mystical detective, which is read in one breath. Unlike many other chilling "horror stories" of King, this work is more melodramatic, with a slight touch of the author’s trademark mysticism. A story about love, humanity, good and evil. Such books can be read to take a break from more serious and complex works, but at the same time fill the evenings with a pleasant pastime.
- George R. R. Martin "Game of Thrones" (1996). The adaptation of this work in the form of a series has become one of the sensations of recent years. But, as you know, no film will replace the book.Read and enjoy bright fantasy storylines full of adventure, passion and drama.
- Daniel Keese "Flowers for Algernon" (1966). Incredibly touching, very deep, but easy to read work, which is included in the list of compulsory literature in American schools. The book tells about what can lead experiments on human intelligence.
- Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby (1925). The recent sensational adaptation of the novel aroused the interest of readers around the world to the literary original. After all, only the book will allow to evaluate the entire monumentality of the drama of the unfortunate person, who conceals the loneliness and self-doubt behind the screen of a fantastically luxurious life and fake emotions.
- Colin McCullough, The Singers in the Blackthorn (1977). Love and passion, religious prohibitions and the expectation of long-term happiness, tragic loss, hopelessness - this legendary novel has long become a classic of love literature.
- Victor Hugo "The Outcast" (1862). The grandiose heart-breaking work about love and honor, loneliness, injustice and cruelty of the world, human repayment for sins.
- Khaled Hosseini, Running for the Wind (2003). The debut work of the Afghan author has already dubbed one of the main novels of the new century. The story, telling about how monstrously the life of civilians has changed with the arrival of the Soviet army in Afghanistan, is striking in its penetration, shocking details, beautiful storylines in terms of richness and harmony.
- James Bowen "Street cat named Bob" (2012). A wonderful touching autobiographical story about the meeting and friendship of two loneliness - a red street cat and a London street musician suffering from drug addiction. Homeless and useless, they found the meaning of life in each other.
- Jordan Belfort "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2007). And again we turn to the literary sources of the recently released tape. Frank autobiography written by the famous Wall Street broker. Welcome to the world of immense scams, stunning wealth, incredible success and crushing losses, betrayal, lies, loneliness.
You do not know what interesting books you can read to broaden your horizons and, perhaps, find answers to questions that have long troubled you? Then philosophy is at your service.
- Jean-Paul Sartre "Nausea" (1938).According to many experts, the best work of Sartre. The classic of French existentialism, a real detachment from reality, a desperate attempt to erase the veil from the eyes to see the true essence of the world. And after - to try to survive in it ...
- Hermann Hesse "The Steppe Wolf" (1927). The eternal problem of the struggle between the spiritual and the animal began. The problem of a person who seeks to comprehend his essence, to get to the “truth”, and at the same time gradually collapses as a person.
- Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinov, “The shortest history of time” (2005). How do you get the idea to tell about the principles of the Universe, quantum mechanics and string theory in a language that is understandable even to the most distant person from physics? Get acquainted with the work and appreciate how the author managed to realize such a bold idea.
How to eat vegetables
Where to go after 11th grade
How to draw a bouquet
See how the Polish artist turns the walls of houses into works of art
How to cook the perfect carp