What are utilities?
Tool / utility from English means a service program for solving a specific auxiliary task; is a kind of system software needed to manage computer resources, execute user programs, etc.
There are several groups of utilities that differ in purpose.
The main purpose of the utilities is:
- optimization of the operating system and equipment;
- empowering operating systems and equipment.
Conventionally, utilities are divided into 3 groups:
- system utilities. Designed to diagnose hardware and software, correct errors.
- service utilities. Designed to perform information processing operations.
- operating shells. Designed to provide users with a more understandable and accessible interface for accessing PC resources and OS commands.
- file managers (Total Commander, FAR);
- dynamic compression tools (WinRar archiver);
- view and playback tools (XnView, ACDSee);
- diagnostic tools (AIDA64, AnVit Task Manager);
- computer security tools (Dr, Web Antivirus).
We have just considered what utilities are and what they are for, but drivers are also an important part of the system software.
How to draw a planet
Love horoscope for April 2018
How to understand that relationships are exhausted
How to use Cheat Engine
How to cook a basics