What is useful green nettle?
Nature is generous and gives us a lot of various products and plants. Even herbs can be used if you know how to do it correctly. To nettles, many are afraid to even touch, but in vain. She is very, very helpful. Surprisingly, even from it you can cook soup!
What is this plant?
In general, nettle is considered a weed, and it grows almost everywhere, especially in places with a temperate climate. There are a lot of bushes near the railways and highways, as well as near the settlements and right in them. In total there are more than forty species of this plant, but only a few are known: dioecious nettle, burning and narrow-leaved.
Shrubs are usually small, but can reach a meter in height. The leaves are green and covered with special hairs that contain certain substances. These substances in contact with human skin cause severe burning, redness. That's why everyone is so afraid of being near nettles and even more so touching it (and falling into it even worse).
By the way, our ancestors have long used this plant for their own purposes: they cooked various dishes from it, made ropes and ropes, used it as a medicine in the treatment of many diseases.
It would seem that good can be in this burning grass? Surprisingly, here is the mass of everything useful: fats, carbohydrates, proteins, fiber, chlorophyll (and it is found only in green plants and has unique properties), vitamins E, K, A, C, group B, flavonoids, tannins, phytoncides, glycoside, various organic acids, histamine, aluminum, molybdenum, potassium, chromium, copper, calcium, manganese, sulfur, iron. The caloric content of the product is very, very small (no more than 40 calories per 100 grams of grass).
We list the useful properties of nettle:
- Such a plant is incredibly useful for blood, because, firstly, it increases the level of hemoglobin and protects against anemia, and secondly, it increases the number of red blood cells - erythrocytes. For a long time the grass was used to cleanse the blood and improve its composition.
- Nettle is useful for a wide variety of skin diseases. For example, decoctions help treat acne and lichen, as well as furunculosis.
- Since vitamin K in the plant increases blood clotting, nettle can be considered an excellent hemostatic agent. No wonder it is used to stop various bleeding (including internal). For this reason, the herb is useful for women suffering from heavy and painful menstruation or uterine bleeding.
- Grass is useful for sight thanks to the carotenoids contained in it.
- Vitamin C is even more here than in sour lemons. This means that nettle is useful for immunity: it protects against certain diseases and increases the body's resistance to infections and viruses.
- The plant is very useful for vessels and heart: the walls of the vessels become more elastic, and the heart muscle is strengthened.
- Grass is useful for muscles, as it normalizes protein metabolism (and protein is the main building material for muscle tissue and many others).
- Carbohydrate metabolism is also normalized, so that, firstly, much more energy is produced that is necessary for the body to work, and secondly, fats burn faster, which contributes to weight loss.
- This herb is very useful for hair, as the substances contained here prevent the loss, have a positive effect on the hair structure and even eliminate dandruff.
- Nettle also helps with some diseases of the musculoskeletal system, for example, with gout and rheumatism.
- The plant has a diuretic effect.
- During lactation, nettle leaves are able to increase the amount of milk produced.
- This plant is useful for diabetes.
- This is an excellent means of recovery after radiation exposure or in the postoperative period.
Is nettle harmful?
Like almost any plant, nettle has certain contraindications:
- Because of the property of increasing blood clotting should not use nettle for people with diseases such as thrombophlebitis, varicose veins and other associated with the risk of blood clots.
- Not recommended to use nettle and during pregnancy, as this plant can stimulate the reduction of the uterus and increased tone, which can lead to miscarriage or premature birth.
- When hypertension risk is also not worth it, since there is a risk of formation and separation of a blood clot.
- Atherosclerosis is also a contraindication.
- If uterine bleeding is triggered by the development of uterine fibroids or cysts, then nettle treatment can be harmful to health.
If you decide to use nettle, then in order to avoid undesirable consequences consult your doctor.
How to apply?
The use of nettle is so wide that it is difficult to name the areas in which the plant is not used. Let's stop not a few important points.
From nettle you can make a tasty and healthy borsch. You will need:
- 100 grams of fresh nettle leaves;
- 2 potatoes;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 2 liters of water;
- 2 eggs;
- salt and seasoning to taste.
- First, pour the nettle with boiling water for a few minutes, then flip it down in a colander.
- Peel potatoes, cut into cubes.
- Peel the onions, chop finely.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- In a saucepan boil water, lay out the potatoes.
- In a few minutes, add the carrots and onions.
- Almost at the very end, add nettles, salt and seasonings.
- Boil eggs hard-boiled, cut into slices and lay out in plates with borscht. Done!
You can also make a salad of nettle, eggs and peas. For this nettle (50-100 grams) pour boiling water and chop. Boil 3-4 eggs, cut into cubes. Mix the eggs with the nettle, add 100 grams of canned green peas, season with sour cream and salt.
Nettle tea is useful.To prepare it, 2 teaspoons of fresh or dried leaves of the plant should be poured with two cups of boiling water, boil for 3-5 minutes, then move to a thermos, close it and remove for half an hour. Ready drink is better to drink diluted. The maximum daily allowance is 2-3 glasses a day.
Use nettle and for the treatment of various diseases. Here are a few options:
- Prepare the infusion. To do this, pour three tablespoons of herbs with 500 milliliters of boiling water and leave for two hours. Strain the infusion and drink a quarter cup three times a day for anemia, bleeding, or diabetes.
- With rheumatism you can use juice. To make it, chop the leaves, squeeze the juice, dilute it with water (1: 1 ratio), bring to a boil and take a teaspoon with meals three times a day. The composition can be used for lotions and compresses for skin diseases.
Infusion or nettle juice can be used for washing and rubbing, as well as for rinsing hair. And you can also make a lotion. To do this, pour 50 grams of grass with 100 milliliters of vodka, leave for a day, then add 100 milliliters of water.Wipe problem areas.
Let nettle give you beauty and health!
Blepharoplasty eyelids - all the necessary information on this procedure
How much to go to college
How to return the VAT
Fluanksol: instructions for use, analogs of the drug
What can you give your daughter
You have all the questions write blandinki
Repair of office