Yields: 4 dozen | Serving Size: 2 cookies | Calories: 118 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 1mg | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1 cup organic unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup organic confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground fine
- Additional confectioners sugar, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and extract. On low speed, mix in the flour and walnuts until just combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet, 1 inch apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cookies just begin to brown. Remove from oven and cool. Roll in additional confectioners sugar.
- NOTES and TIPS: If dough is difficult to form into a ball and is crumbly, add a little warm water one tablespoon at a time until dough is easier to handle. Other nuts, such as pecans and almonds, can be substituted for walnuts. For a chocolate option, decrease flour to 2 cups and add 1/4 cup cocoa powder to mix.
Video: Easy Christmas Snowballs - Pecan Balls - So Easy, ANYONE Can Make These
How to Bring Food to a Friend in Need
How to Avoid Obsessing over a Guy
How to Tell Someone They Are Wrong
Long, Flirty, False Lashes All the Rage in theUK
10 reasons to buy the August issue of MH
This is how much we should be earning at every age (apparently)
Fashionable hair color Spring-Summer 2015
5 Public Transportation Options When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
Chic of the Week: Cara Delevingne
The royal family is giving Meghan Markle’s dad the sweetest gift