Signs of rickets
Rickets is known since ancient times. Changes of the rachitic bone system were described in the 2nd century BC by Soran Effesky and Galen. In the XV-XVI centuries, rickets became a common disease, especially among children of large European cities. It is not by chance that children with typical signs of rickets are depicted on the canvases of famous painters of that time. And now it is a common disease. Parents of young children, of course, are worried about how to detect rickets in children. Signs by which this disease can be identified. This article will provide answers to these questions and tell you what to look for in the first place.
Causes of rickets
- The cause of rickets is a lack of vitamin D in the body. It is necessary for the absorption of calcium from the intestine and its proper distribution in the body. After all, calcium is necessary for the work of the central nervous system and other organs, as well as for the development of bone tissue.
- As a rule, children under the age of 3 years are prone to rickets.
- Vitamin D is produced by the skin under the influence of ultraviolet rays.There is it in some products, for example, in fish oil, egg yolk, in dairy products.
- The lack of vitamin D in the body adversely affects the absorption of calcium in the intestine and its content in the blood. In order to correct this situation, the child's body activates the activity of the glands. This stimulates an increase in calcium in the blood, which is due to washing it out of the bones. As a result, rickets occurs.
Features of rickets
Consider the signs of rickets. When this disease can be observed muscle hypotension. There is also a weakness in the ligament apparatus, which is manifested by loosening of the joints and weakness of the muscles. A sick child may, lying on his back, put his foot on his shoulder or reach his head to his head. It is for this reason that children with rickets start to get up, sit and walk much later.
A prominent forehead, a very prominent or, conversely, flat stomach, curvature of the limbs - these are the most typical signs of rickets in children. Photos taken in the underdeveloped states, which depict the hungry and emaciated kids, proof of this.
When the disease is neglected, the gastrointestinal tract and liver are impaired. Also lipid and protein metabolism is impaired. There is a lack of vitamins of groups B, C, E, A, D, and microelements: zinc, copper, magnesium and others. As a result, it leads to disruption of all body systems. Due to the deformation of the chest and impaired, as a result, ventilation of the air in the lungs, patients with rickets of children very often have inflammation of the lungs and heart.
Symptoms of the disease
Develops rickets in several stages. Initially, it appears:
- decreased appetite;
- anxiety and sleep disturbance.
It is necessary to recognize in time the first signs of rickets in children under one year old. This should serve as a reason for seeking medical attention. He will be able to make an accurate diagnosis and give appropriate recommendations. If the parents are not worried about the child’s condition at this stage, and the necessary treatment is not given in time, then the next stage of the disease will begin to develop in a few weeks. Experts call it a period of height. At this stage of the disease begins:
- Deformation of the bones of the child.
- The change in the shape of the skull, it manifests itself in: elongation of the skull; flattening of the neck; appearance of the frontal bumps.
- Pressing into the chest.
- Violation of the development of the pelvis.
It is impossible to bring the disease to such a stage, because the recovery of such children takes a very long time. They become more susceptible to various chronic diseases.
If after reading this article, you find signs of rickets in a child, in any case, do not postpone the visit to the doctor. And yet, remember that the most important assistants in the prevention of rickets are the sun and good nutrition of the baby.
How to become effective
Justin Bieber and Haley Baldwin: A Wedding, or Just Marriage Permit
How to become a cool girl
How to go to church
Kaspersky activation: how to protect your computer
How to bake meat