Secrets of delicious ravioli
If you like dumplings and dumplings, then you will surely like ravioli. And to fully enjoy this dish, find out how to cook it.
What it is?
Ravioli is a traditional Italian dish that resembles dumplings or ravioli. By the way, Italians themselves consider ravioli as one of the varieties of pasta. Traditionally, this dish is made from unleavened dough. The options for toppings can be very different, so ravioli can be called a universal dish, which in Italy is served as a main meat dish, as a side dish, as a snack, and even as a dessert.
A bit of history
The first mentions of ravioli appeared in Italian literature around the XIII century (before Marco Polo returned from China), but at first they were considered a Sicilian dish. And some historians believe that it was indeed borrowed from other Mediterranean peoples.
And others claim that China is considered the birthplace of this type of pastry dishes. But there is an opinion that they were invented by many nations and at different times, independently of each other.
How to cook?
How to cook ravioli? The process consists of several stages.
To make a classic and simple ravioli dough, you need the following ingredients:
- about 600-700 grams of flour;
- two chicken eggs and one yolk;
- 3-5 table spoons of olive oil (it is better to use cold pressed oil);
- one teaspoon of salt (finely ground);
- about 180-200 ml of water at room temperature.
- It is advisable to get the eggs in advance, because ideally they should be at room temperature.
- Prepare a clean and dry surface, pour on it all the flour, lay it with a slide.
- Make a well in the center of the hill, break eggs there, put yolk, salt and olive oil. Also pour in some water and start kneading the dough. To do this, move the flour from the edges to the middle of the hill and knead the mass. Gradually add all the water.
- Continue to knead the dough, as if kneading it over the surface in the direction from the center to the edge, and then again picking up to the central part. The mixing will take about 7-10 minutes, so be patient and strong, because the movements should be active. When the dough becomes elastic and stops sticking to the hands (probably, for this you will need to add some more flour).
- Form a ball from the finished dough, wrap it with cling film and clean for 30-40 minutes so that it will settle for a while.
The filling of ravioli can be practically any. We offer several options.
You can make hearty and delicious ravioli with minced meat. Ingredients:
- 500 grams of any stuffing (best beef or chicken);
- 1 onion;
- two tablespoons of olive oil;
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- five cloves of garlic;
- red pepper and salt to taste.
- Peel the onion and either chop or mince or chop in a blender.
- Garlic, too, peel and chop using garlic crusher.
- Mix minced meat, garlic, onion, butter and tomato paste, add pepper and salt.
You can make delicious and healthy vegetable ravioli. Here's what you'll need:
- two tomatoes;
- two zucchini;
- three bunches of celery greens;
- one carrot;
- two cloves of garlic;
- one onion;
- three tablespoons of olive oil;
- pepper and salt.
- Peel zucchini, cut into small cubes.
- Boil the tomatoes, peel them, and then cut them into small cubes.
- Wash carrots and grate.
- Onions and garlic should be peeled and chopped in a blender or finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry all the ingredients of the filling, add pepper and salt at the end.
Italians love flavored cheese ravioli. For cooking you will need:
- 300 grams of any hard cheese;
- five tablespoons of sour cream or thick cream;
- three yolks;
- several bunches of celery greens;
- salt and nutmeg to taste.
- Grate the cheese on a grater.
- Mix the grated cheese with sour cream, add the yolks, salt, chopped celery and nutmeg.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
Make interesting sweet ravioli. Ingredients:
- 300 grams of cream cheese or tender cottage cheese;
- 150 grams of berries;
- half a cup of powdered sugar.
- Whip cheese or cottage cheese with powdered sugar.
- Cut the berries if they are large.
- Mix the berries with the curd mixture.
Combine dough with filling
How to sculpt ravioli? To do this is not difficult.
The main stages of modeling:
- Divide the dough into two equal parts, each roll into a thin layer.
- One layer lay on a flat surface, sprinkled with flour.
- Now spread out the portions of the filling at equal distances from each other.
- For convenience and speed of modeling, you can smear the space around the filling with water.
- Now place the second layer on top, aligning it.
- Squeeze the dough, especially in the free topping places.
- Now cut the ravioli using special shapes, a knife or glasses.
You can do differently. First, cut the two parts, then put one on the stuffing, and on top cover it with the other, fasten the edges.
Ravioli can be boiled, fried or deep-fried.
How to serve?
Serve ravioli as a main dish, for example, with sauce. The sauce can be any. Suitable tomato, creamy, garlic.
Sweet ravioli can be served with syrup, cream, jam, chocolate sauce or with fruits and berries.
A few recommendations:
- All components used to prepare the dough must be at room temperature.
- To make dough faster and better, periodically wet your hands in cold water.
- It is best to knead the dough in a cool room, so open the windows or turn on the air conditioner.If the kitchen is warm, the dough may crust.
What to make from apples
How many calories in carbohydrates
What is stenosis?
Poster for February 23 (Crafts school and kindergarten)
Signs of parallel lines