Interesting options for cooking potato salad
Potato salad is a dish whose main ingredients are potatoes. In each decent cookbook, “second bread,” as they also call potatoes, a whole section is dedicated. There is a whole list of hearty, light, delicious, simple and complex snacks, where this ingredient plays the main role.
In order to prepare such a salad, you can use both young and ordinary tuber. Just try to choose those varieties that are designed for cooking. They keep their shape well and do not fall apart when cutting.
Usually cooks recommend boiling vegetable in uniform. Choosing this method of preparing ingredients, make sure that they are not digested. Check the readiness of the potato, puncturing it with a fork. Wait until the tubers have cooled, then clean them from the skin.
If you are sure that the selected tuber is not boiled during cooking, you can use another method of preparation.
- Peel the vegetables from the peel, cut into cubes, slices or slabs.
- put them in a saucepan, salt, cover with water and cook until ready. To speed up the cooking process, you can use boiling water instead of cold water.
Usually mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, mustard dressing, vegetable oil, usually sunflower oil, are used for dressing.
If you prefer a warm kind of snack, rather than the usual classic cold, then to enhance the taste, you can add a piece of butter before serving.
The American version
This is an original recipe that is quickly prepared and can easily become a culinary decoration for your table.
- potatoes - 6-8 pieces;
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- Bulgarian pepper;
- pickles - 3 pieces;
- mustard - 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- apple vinegar - a teaspoon;
- salt - to taste.
- Peel the boiled eggs and potatoes, then cut them together with the cucumbers. Finely chop the onion, then sprinkle with vinegar. Celery stalk is also cut into small pieces.
- In the previously prepared container, fold all the ingredients, salt, put mustard, mayonnaise, then carefully move everything.
Before cooking, keep in mind that mustard will be spicy, so if you are not happy with it, you can reduce its quantity or not at all.
Germany can be considered the birthplace of potato salads. Almost all the famous snacks with this vegetable are rooted in this country. If you want to try a real delicious salad, where the head of the dish is a potato, then you should opt for the following recipe.
- potatoes - 8 pieces;
- vegetable oil;
- Dijon mustard - 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- vegetable broth - 300 ml;
- bacon - 200 grams;
- spring onions;
- salt, sugar, pepper - to taste.
- Bacon cut into cubes, and boiled potatoes into slices. Chop onions finely.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion with bacon.
- In a separate container, mix the mustard with the broth, pour the resulting sauce into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, mix well, remove from heat.
- Put the potatoes to the rest of the vegetables. Let it stand for about twenty minutes.
- At this time, cut finely green onions, which must be added to the appetizer before serving.
This dish can easily become one of your favorites, as it is very simple to prepare, but at the same time satisfying and tasty. You can use it both cold and warm.
Potato salad can be served as a separate dish, as well as a side dish for meat or fish.
Bouquet of flowers from corrugated paper on March 8 with their own hands
Amal Clooney kissed her husband at the party in his honor
How to make a trap in Minecraft
Hello everyone. I need to skip school one day. I am an excellent student. I can not lie, my mother will notice everything. help me please
How to connect a Rostelecom modem