How are prepositions written?
The spelling rules of prepositions are very important for literate writing. Prepositions are written differently: hyphenated, merged, separately. This article will tell you how prepositions are written with words in and of themselves.
Exposures are written through hyphens: from under, from behind and similar to them. Examples: pull out from under the counter; jump out around the bend.
Prepositions are divided into derivatives and non-derivatives. Non-derivative prepositions are simple prepositions: in, without, for, from, to, above, from, under, through, through, from, to, and others. Derivative prepositions are more complex in their form; they are derived from other parts of speech.
How are derived prepositions written? And together, and separately. They should be distinguished from the independent parts of speech from which they originated: adverbs, nouns, and verbal adverbs.
Examples of prepositions:
- which are formed from adverbs: in front of the detachment (go ahead), opposite the window (standing opposite), inside the room (I am inside), near the house (I sit beside), along the river (I go along), near the vegetable garden (I plant near), as indicated live according to) around the garden (look around).
- which are formed from nouns: about work (put on the account), as a result of an accident (as a result of this case), during the time (during the river), to say in conclusion (be in custody), during the night (in the continuation of the novel), due to circumstances (to believe in power).
- which are derived from germinal passages: thanks to the rain (thanks to the owner), despite the illness (not looking down).
Derivative prepositions demand after themselves words in a certain case. As can be seen, derivative prepositions can be written together and separately. Often (but not always) the spelling of a derived preposition coincides with the spelling of the word from which it is derived. However, it is best to memorize the spelling of derivative prepositions.
In such prepositions as despite, despite the “not” is written together. It is necessary to distinguish: in the expression "despite a hefty age" in spite of a pretext, and in the expression "not looking down" not looking - the impersonal circulation. Distinguish similar expressions by meaning, be sure to see the context. Prepositions are written in one piece, and the participle is written separately.
Writing prepositions together and separately
Prepositions are written together
- due to
- in view of
- to meet
- over the top
It is necessary to distinguish them from nouns with prepositions that also sound. A preposition, as a rule, can be easily replaced with a synonymous non-derivative preposition, for example: towards - to; about - oh, oh; because of - because of; in view of - because of; after; like - like, etc.
Separately written prepositions
- In the form, in continuation, in completion, in comparison with, upon completion, during, in conclusion, as opposed to, in connection with, upon arrival.
- Like, in continuation, in conclusion, owing to, during, in contrast to, in conclusion. At the end of these prepositions is written -e.
- Throughout, at the end, in comparison, upon arrival. On the end of these prepositions is written –and.
- Upon termination and upon arrival. These prepositions always mean "after something."
- In continuation, during, in conclusion. These prepositions always mean time.
How are prepositions written with words? In Russian, prepositions with the rest of the words are written separately. It is also the answer to the question of how pronouns are written with prepositions. For example: in front of me, to me, to you, with her, from him, for myself.
Now you know how to write prepositions.To summarize: the prepositions in the Russian language are written together, separately and through a hyphen. It should be remembered how different prepositions are written in order to use them correctly in written language, and also to distinguish in which cases the derived preposition is in front of you and in which is the word from which it is derived.
How to salt salmon at home - step-by-step recipes and videos
Why dream prayer
The secrets of cooking delicious coconut cookies
How to succeed in business
When to plant grass
Why is it so hard for us to play with our children?