How to remove the clutch cylinder?
Watch the video
The clutch master cylinder, like any other part of the car, tends to wear out. If you feel that the clutch has become difficult to squeeze, this is a sure sign that something is wrong with the master cylinder and that it is time to replace it. Let's see how you can remove and change the clutch cylinder yourself.
Important! As an example, we consider the procedure for replacing a clutch cylinder for a Ford Fusion car; however, for other models, the sequence and nature of the actions that need to be performed for replacement differ, as a rule, insignificantly.
- Remove the battery.
- Disconnect the mount from the cylinder.
- Now we see the plug, which is removed in parts, to remove the first you need to unscrew the bolt that holds it, for the second - just slightly pry the part with a screwdriver.
- We remove the quick-disconnect fittings, after disconnecting the cylinder bolts and screws, with which it is attached to the clutch pedal unit.
- Disconnect the pedal connectors.
- Now we see the terminal block - it must be removed, after unscrewing the screws.
- After dismantling the pad, the pedal assembly will open to you - remove it by unscrewing 6 nuts, while it should remain hanging on the brake pedal stem.
- All! The cylinder can be removed.
Installing a new cylinder
In fact, in order to install a new cylinder, you only need to do all the dismantling operations in the reverse order. However, it should be noted that in the reverse order these operations are much more difficult to perform than in the direct one, because some actions (you will understand this when you start work) will have to be performed blindly. This means that despite the fact that there is nothing very complicated in the operations, installation of a cylinder requires perfect knowledge of the car. So, if you are not sure that you can do it, better go to the salon.
If the husband is constantly lying and does not bring a salary what to do
How to get rid of severe itching of the skin
Is it possible to get pregnant after giving birth
How to learn to trust