How to raise the floor
Sometimes during major repairs there is a need to raise the floor in the house to a certain height. This is not so easy to do in view of the large laboriousness of the process, but if you wish, you can easily cope with this problem yourself. Raise the level of the floor in a room in several ways, having their own advantages and disadvantages. We will tell you about each of them in detail.
How to raise the floor in the apartment
Method one. Cement strainer
The main advantages of this method are the strength and durability of the coating plus the relatively low cost of materials. Its disadvantages in the first place can be attributed to the long duration of the hardening of cement mortar and the greater complexity of work. In addition, this method is applicable only if you need to increase the floor by no more than five centimeters, since a thicker layer of mortar dries very poorly. You can of course make a coupler in two steps, but here there is another threat - a large mass of concrete will create an excessive load on the floor slabs, which from its weight can break.
The second way. Self-leveling floors
The main advantages of self-leveling floors are their drying speed and quick pouring. The disadvantage is the high cost of the special mixture and its toxicity. The use of such self-leveling compounds allows you to raise the level of the floor by only three - four centimeters.
Thus it becomes clear that the first two methods are not suitable in those cases when you need to raise the floor to a considerable height. If you want to raise the floor level by ten or more centimeters, you need to use one of the following methods.
The third way. The floor on wooden logs
The advantages of the floors on logs are the speed of their installation and the low weight of the whole structure, which allows laying such floors even in old houses with weak floor floors. Their main advantage is that the logs make it possible to raise the floor in the house by ten, fifteen or even twenty centimeters. In addition, in the space between the lags it is convenient to place the pipes and wires, and this space itself can be filled with glass wool, which will make the floors warmer. The lack of floors in the logs is that they can not be laid in damp areas, such as a bathroom or toilet.Another possible disadvantage of such floors is the creaking of the boards, which arises if they are not firmly fixed enough.
How to raise the floors of wooden logs
- In order to make such a floor, thick wooden boards are sawn into pieces of the required length. Next, cut parallel bars laid on the floor in parallel. The step between the individual bars is about half a meter.
- Controlling their position by building level, the bars with long screws are attached to the floor. If a gap is formed between the floor and the timber in some place, it is filled with a piece of plywood of the desired thickness.
- When all the logs are set to a level and firmly fixed, the space between them is tightly filled with glass wool and from the top are placed in two layers sheets of plywood with a thickness of one and a half - two centimeters, which are screwed to the logs with self-tapping screws.
Thus, you can increase the floor by ten - fifteen centimeters. If, instead of self-made lags, purchased adjustable lags are used, then it will be quite possible to raise the floor level even by a quarter of a meter.
The fourth method. Ceramsite-based cement screed
This method is good because, having all the advantages of an ordinary cement screed, it is deprived of its main drawback - a great deal of weight.Therefore, using claydite as a base, you can raise the floor by ten, twenty or more centimeters without the threat of overlap. Expanded clay - an environmentally friendly material, lightweight and at the same time durable, with high thermal insulation properties. It is equally well resistant to high and low temperatures, fireproof and, unlike boards, is not subject to rotting. Therefore, if you do not know how to raise the floor in the bathroom or on the loggia, we advise you to stop your choice on expanded clay.
How to raise the floor screed on expanded clay
- For laying such a screed with the help of a laser building level on the walls, mark the height of the future floor, and beacons are installed on the previously prepared coating, focusing on this marking.
- Then a thick layer of fine expanded clay is poured over the entire surface of the floor, and it is leveled so that the floor height of 2.5 to 3 centimeters is not enough up to the height of the floor given by beacons.
- Next, the clay lightly tamped, once again control its level and poured on top of the cement "milk".
- In a day, the cement will grab, and it will be possible to move around the claydite.For greater strength on the layer of expanded clay stack metal reinforcing mesh with small cells. On top of it, they make an ordinary cement screed with a thickness of about three centimeters, controlling the level of the floor at the previously installed beacons.
- Further work on this floor can be carried out only in a month. This time is required for the floor to finally harden and dry.
How to raise testosterone
How to make your Christmas mood happy and festive
Released the trailer Very bad moms - 2
What are the advantages of the car.ru autoportal?
How to cook a turnip
5 good series of good books
How to make your girlfriend go