How to install DotA 2?
Watch the video
Dota 2 (Dota 2) - the most popular computer multiplayer game of the genre MOBA, which combines elements of strategic and role-playing games.
In this case, all the manipulations go online. This article will explain how to install DotA 2 on a computer.
Steam (Stim) is a special service that deals with legal Internet distribution of various kinds of content, as well as playing the role of a powerful server platform in organizing online games.
Including Steam serves and the game Dota 2, and therefore before installing it, you must register on the service. Your registration account will become an account in the game.
Dota 2 cannot be installed bypassing Steam.
Register on Steam
- Go to the official website Steam.
- Specify the desired account and email address.
- Set a password and select a security question.
- Enter control information and accept the terms of the user agreement.
- Click the "Create Account" button.
Now you need to install the Steam client, for this:
- Download the installation file from. Not necessarylook for installation files in another place! Risk with him get an unpleasant virus!
- Run the installation file and click Next in the first window.
- In the next window we accept the user agreement.
- Next, you need to choose the speed of connection to the Internet - be guided by the speed that your provider usually provides you. This parameter will help Steam to optimize the gameplay for you.
- Now select the language and then click the Install button - the installation will begin.
- Upon completion of the installation, the program will notify you of the successful completion of this procedure.
That's it, now you can run Steam. When you first start the program will require your account and password - enter the data and click OK.
Installing and running Dota
So, you are on Steam, so now you can install Dota 2. To do this:
- Open the "Store" program tab and enter "Dota 2" in the search box.
- Click on the "Play" button opposite the search result.
- The file will be added to you in the "Library" and the installation of the game will automatically begin. All that is required of you is to click "Next" in several windows.
- To run Dota, go to the "Library" section and click on the game.
To keep your client and game installation efforts in vain, please note that you can play Dota 2 only if your PC meets the following system requirements:
- Processor - at least 2 cores
- Clock frequency - from 2,6 GHz
- RAM - 3 GB minimum
- Video card - discrete memory of at least 512 MB
In addition, it is important that your PC has a good cooling system, most laptops, for example, cannot boast of such (if this is, of course, not a gaming laptop), and therefore, as a rule, they overheat after 20 minutes of play. It should be noted, you can play, but the consequences for a laptop can be extremely unpleasant.
And now such polaroid-type cameras are sold
Why a girl should not pay for her boyfriend
Coral peeling makes skin perfect
How to succeed in business
How cool to call a cat