How to Have a Spa Slumber Party
Spas are glamorous, relaxing, and lovely. Why wouldn't you want to have a spa-themed slumber party then? With a little preparation and some creativity, you'll host a wonderful spa slumber party.
Planning the party
Decide how many friends you want to invite.It's perhaps best to invite an odd number of friends so, including you it will be an even number and you can go off in pairs. Try to invite no more than eight people, or it might become unmanageable or squished.
- Name your spa. For example, Relax and Unwind Spa.
Get or make your own invitations.See making invitations for ideas on how to make your own. Spa ideas could include an image of someone in a bathtub, a nail polish bottle-shaped invitation or the words "SPA" in bubble letters, cut out around the letter edges.
- If it's a hassle to mail them, then find spa themed e-cards to send.
Write in the usual information about time, date and place.Add in any specific needs, such as bringing along a bathrobe, spa gear, makeup, etc. Send the invitations with plenty of time to spare for RSVPs (confirmations of attendance).
Make a list of spa supplies.List such things as food (it should be mostly healthy, according to theme), and movies (ask the guests if they have a specific suggestion before the party).
- What are you going to do? Are you planning to do makeup, nails, and hair? Or just nails?
- Get a cleanser, toner, face wash, face mask, towel, bathrobe and pajamas for each guest. This may sound like you're going over the top, but it will make it seem so much more relaxing and pamper like if it's new stuff, if you can't afford all of this just invite one friend or divide it among guests and ask them to bring particular things. You also need to get cotton pads, buds, flannels, and moisturizer.
- Buy exotic face mask flavors like banana, pineapple, strawberry, kiwi, watermelon and oatmeal.
- For the hair, get hairspray, hair grips, hair bands, hair elastics and heat protector, so that you can do anything you want with the hair.
- For nails, just pick up a couple of different nail vanishes and some foot moisturizer and hand moisturizer.
Decide on the games you'll play.Play games like M.A.S.H. and Truth or Dare or Would-You-Rather. Decide which games are pre-spa and post-spa, as games are not suitable during the pampering part of the spa party.
Decide when to have the spa part of the party, and where.It is best done after the outdoor activities have been completed and everyone is inside for the rest of the night. You could eat before or in the middle of spa activities, as preferred. Snacks can follow at the end.
Setting up for the party
Make and/or buy food.Some snacks to try are:
- Small, cut sandwiches
- Anything on crackers plus dip
- An assortment of fruit and vegetables and maybe some delicious chocolate-covered strawberries
- Candies and cakes in small amounts only; try for banana and carrot cakes and date sweets.
Decorate before the party with spa-themed decorations.Get some spa type music to play at the party.
Set out the food on a table.
Enjoying the party
Stay calm. Get ready for the best party ever.
Greet everyone on arrival.When your friends arrive, tell them to unpack, because you shouldn't be wasting valuable time at the party.
Spend time outdoors to unwind.Go outside for as long as you can because you're going to be cramped up for a whole night.
Eat your faces off, but supply extra snacks for the whole night.
Do spa treatments the whole night, but while you do them, consider watching movies or listening to music too.Chick flicks and comedies are usually the best.
QuestionWhat if my parents only let 2 people sleep over?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJust focus on having fun with those 2 people. It will be easier for you to plan the party, and you guys can have a lot of deep conversations together.Thanks!
QuestionWhat are some spa treatments to try?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerManicures and pedicures are often popular at sleepovers. They're fun and don't require you to take off your clothes. You could also do each other's make-up and hair. One thing enjoyable to do at a sleepover is to run a bath, drop in a bath bomb and soak your feet in it for a foot scrub. Follow with foot cream or body butter, then paint your toe-nails.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I don't have any spa products or I'm not allowed them?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMake them. That's something fun you could do with your friends at the sleepover. If you're not allowed, ask if you can for one time only. Your parents might agree to that.Thanks!
- Make sure you have food for midnight snacks if people are still hungry
- Make sure none of the treatments you use are bad for your or your friends' skin. Always check to make sure none of your friends are allergic to ingredients in the treatments.
- Stay up late and talk about boys and everything
- Do cake fights or water balloon fights.
- Do facials, nails, hair and other cool stuff.
- Make sure nobody gets bored during the night. Make up some of your own games, or have a popcorn fight to keep the mood going.
- Take care when handling or using hot items, items containing fruit acid peel and anything which may react on sensitive skins.
- Make sure beforehand that your friends also like girly stuff like having a spa, because if they don't they will feel bored and weird, so don't do that.
- Find out any allergies your guests have beforehand, and make sure to avoid those products.
- Don't have too many unhealthy snacks, or it will mess up the theme. One way to do this is get lots of fruit and a fondue fountain and dip the fruit in. If you can't afford this, melt some chocolate in a pan on the stove.
Video: Unboxed! | Project Mc² | Episode 1: Slumber Party Spa Day | DIY At Home Beauty Experiments
How to Walk a Dog
6 Times Your Friends Inadvertently Try to SabotageYou
The royal family is giving Meghan Markle’s dad the sweetest gift
How to Build a Back Like Batman
Increase your sleep
Photos Show Beauty of Extended Breastfeeding
Meghan Markle Is Being Body-Shamed by People Who Think She LooksPregnant
Nutrients Sometimes Missing in Low-Carb Diets
How to Increase Your Chances of Winning Writing Contests
How to Vent Plumbing