How to Have a Great Beach Holiday
A few months before the trip, start planning and researching a destination.Depending on the place, accommodation can go fast. Consider whether you are taking kids or pets, how far you want to drive, whether you want to camp or stay in a hotel, and whether you want to go somewhere popular or more secluded. Check if there's any upcoming concerts or shows in the area that you'd like to see.
You might want to start an exercise program to get in great shape for a swimsuit.Focus on toning your stomach and legs.
About a week before you leave, make a list of and gather items you'll need.Take children's, hygiene, pet's and bedding requirements into consideration. Some beach houses have pillows etc. others don't. Check with the manager if you're unsure. A small first aid kit is handy, just in case.
Pack plenty of cool, summery clothes, but a few jackets in case the weather turns.Take a beach ball, soccer ball, volleyball or beach cricket set if you want.
For the car trip, make sure you have enough petrol, and bring plenty of music and activities for kids.Some water and snacks in a cooler bag are great if you stop for a picnic on the way.
Once you get there, settle in, unpack and have a rest or walk around.Familiarize yourself with shops, the way to the beach etc.
Get a nice early night!It's best tosleep in light cotton clothing in the heat, and make sure there is protection from mosquitoes and/or flies when you're sleeping. They get really annoying and may carry disease in some places.
Hop up early and have breakfast.Fresh orange juice can be wonderful on hot mornings. Perhaps you could go for a walk or run on the beach, go buy the paper, sunbathe, or catch some early morning breakers.
If you don't feel like visiting the beach, you could park yourself at a cafe with a cold drink, socialize (camping grounds are great places to meet new people, or just go people watching), hang out at the mall, go for a walk or bike ride.
Visit the tourist centre (if there is one) and see if there are activities you could do, like horse riding, fishing, cruises, visiting a national park, or mountain biking.
- Lots of tourist beaches have surfing lessons. These are great fun and a wonderful way to meet people.
Go on a shopping spree.Beach towns have loads of surf shops, many with discount surf wear.
Pamper yourself.Moisturize everyday, use shampoo, conditioner and treatment, visit a spa.
How to be productive on summer holidays
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Don't spend all your time watching TV or on the computer etc. Get out there and do something!!
- Vacations are always better with friends!
- Keep well hydrated and apply SPF 30+ sunscreen regularly.
- Keep an eye out for animals, including dolphins, whales, exotic birds, lizards and frogs. They are gorgeous and provide awesome photo opportunities.
- Beach combing and looking at rock pools can provide a wonderful insight into the wildlife in the area. It's really interesting and you might find some nice shells. Just remember not to move any living things and be careful!!
- The salty water can irritate sensitive skin. Many beaches have showers that you can use to rinse off.
- If you're young, a summer fling might be fun, or even if you're not so young!
- Be careful of dangerous rips and currents, sharks, jellyfish, boats and surfers.
- Keep cool in the hottest part of the day (11 - 3) to avoid sunstroke.
- Avoid sunburn. It's painful, itchy, unattractive and can cause skin cancer. Use SPF 30+ sunscreen all the time you are in the sun.
Video: 31 INSANELY AFFORDABLE Budget Travel Destinations to VISIT NOW
The main worry with Betsy DeVos
Style Spy: Party Dresses
Tips for Staying Focused
Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga To Star In HM’s Holiday Campaign This Winter
Qué le pasa a tu cuerpo cuando dejas de beber alcohol
How to Reduce Cellulite
How to Buy Pearls
11 Ways to Raise Kinder, Less Entitled Kids
You Have To See What People Are Saying About This Years Starbucks Red Cup
7 things you didn’t know about Dior
How to Apply for J1 Us Visa
How to Choose a Vet for Your Gerbil
How to Get Olivia Wilde’s Sultry SmokeyEye
Obesity Raises Womens Cancer Risk by 40 Percent
How to Style a Pixie Cut, According to Celebrities
Date: 01.12.2018, 18:13 / Views: 74491