How to create a website in Dreamweaver?
Adobe Dreamweaver was created in order to simplify the work on creating sites. With it, you can create any site from the home page to a commercial site. Dreamweaver is well suited for experienced webmasters and beginners who are just starting their way to creating their own website. This article will tell you how to create a website in Dreamweaver.
First you need to make some program settings to create a website using Dreamweaver.
- When you first start the program in the menu that opens, you must select the page view. This will be an HTML page.
- On the loaded page with tools, go to the Properties menu and go to the Encoding category. In the drop-down menu, select Cyrillic Windows. If there is a Document Type DTD item in the menu, select 4.01 Transitional and press Ok.
- Immediately create another page. To do this, go to the File menu.
- Select submenu New.
- Select document type 4.01 Transitional.
- In the top window, click HTML. Click Ok.
- Make a template for the future site. In Dreanweavere, he is usually ready. You can see it in the code menu when a new document is created. By default it is called Untitled-new document. In the code of this document is a ready-made template.
Additional steps outside the program
Save this document to your computer. For this you need:
- Create a shared folder for the site and give it your name.
- In this folder, create a folder that should be named WWW. In another way it can not be called.
- In this folder, create another one. Call it images. Here are stored pictures for the site.
- And now save the document in the WWW folder under the name index.html. This is the main page, its name should be exactly like that.
Continuation of work on the site
- In the program window in the program panel, click the Files button.
- In the drop-down list, select Manage websites.
- In the site management window, click create.
- In the window that opens, you must enter some information.
- In the subitem Name of the web site enter its name.
- In the Local Site section, select the folder created earlier called WWW.
- In the Advanced Settings menu, find the Default Image Folder row. Select a folder called images.
- Click save. A familiar window will appear with the site name.
- Is done. A site will appear in the files menu, which will contain the WWW folder and the index.html file. If you click on the folder WWW, then it will open a folder with images.
Connect CSS style sheet to the site
- In the program, select the CSS styles tab.
- Click on the bottom + sign with a white leaf.
- In the window that appears, select the name of the selector. This must be done, if the names are not in the list, it must be created. Click Ok.
- A window appears to save the file.
- Save it to the folder WWW.
- Open the site in the File menu and check if the file appeared there. If not, you need to press F5 to refresh the window. The file should appear.
Creating a frame and background site
- On the main page of the site go to the design tab.
- In the toolbar open the General tab.
- Click the table icon.
- Enter the page parameters: columns 1, line 3, width of table 900. Header - no.
- The frame is ready. Go to the background.
- Go to the File tab, then in style.css.
- A file will open in the program for the whole area. A blank page appears with the name of the file. Here you need to make a code.
- The code should contain: 1 line - the color and thickness of the frame; 2nd - the image must be selected for the background image; 3rd line - the color of the background image.
Registration of a ready site
- In order to complete the site in Dreamweaver, you need to take a few more steps.
- Creating a site header using Adobe Photoshop.
- Creating a horizontal menu for the site.
- Creating links to new pages of the site.
- The choice of hosting.
- Placing a site on the Internet.
- To visit the site visitors, it must be registered in the search engines.
We have discussed in some detail how to create a site in Adobe Dreamweaver, a very convenient program for this. Try to make it yourself and you will succeed.
DIY hand-made spring tree
Irreplaceable boho: clothes soaked with the idea of freedom and relaxation
Cottage Cheese Muffins With Raisins
How to read tea leaves
How to send votes to a friend
Stop properly lactation