How to cook lecho for the winter in the store and like a grandmother
Lecho - a dish that came from Hungary. Through the efforts of culinary specialists, it was transformed beyond recognition. If Hungarian housewives by lecho mean the main course, which is based on steamed vegetables, we have one of the most delicious preparations for the winter. Consider how to make leko for the winter at home.
Many housewives are looking for interesting recipes for cooking lecho. Their interest in the dish reaches a peak in early autumn. It is not surprising, because at this moment begins the active harvesting of vegetable, vitamin-rich reserves for the winter.
There is no single lecho recipe. Everything is determined by the taste, experience and variety of vegetables available. Traditionally, each mistress, as she gains experience, experiments with your favorite recipe, changing ingredients, seasonings and spices.
Lecho is a dish whose preparation process has no mandatory requirements. This contributed to the appearance of a large number of snack options.Some cooks add onions and carrots, others reduce the amount of sugar. Only tomatoes and paprika remain unchanged.
In the article I will share five recipes homemade lecho. Even if you have not come across a dish before, the material will tell you how to make a snack, introduce you to a set of products, and suggest the correct cooking sequence.
Calorie homemade lecho
Let's talk about the calorie content, benefits and harms of homemade lecho made from sweet pepper, garlic, tomatoes, onions, sunflower oil, sugar and vinegar.The caloric content of lecho is 49 kcal per 100 grams. The dish contains many vitamins and minerals, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, zinc and selenium.
Lecho normalizes the digestive system, improves the condition of the skin and nails, increases the appetite. According to scientists, the substances in the composition of Lecho have a beneficial effect on memory and slow down aging.
There are product and contraindications. Some components of the snack are allergens that cause puffiness and rashes. If there are such problems, it is better to give up the dish in favor of fresh vegetables.
Due to intensive heat treatment, the store has minimal utility. What to say about additives and preservatives in the composition, designed to increase shelf life.
Useful tips before cooking
To prepare lecho at home, expensive products are not needed. The list of main ingredients is represented by tomatoes, sweet peppers and onions. There are other versions of the Hungarian snack, which add carrots or fried onions. The result is always amazing taste. If you want your lecheo to be a success, listen to the advice.
- Appetizer for winter in ready-made form is characterized by a rich red color with yellow or green impregnations. Such a color palette is obliged to the dish used vegetables and spices. Therefore, choose vegetables responsibly.
- The best lecho is obtained only from ripe vegetables. Sweet pepper is allowed to take unripe. It's about the pods with an orange tinge. The main thing is to choose a meaty vegetable.
- Cooking lecho better from fleshy tomatoes. Mince their dense pulp through a meat grinder to get a thick puree. To remove grains and skins, wipe the tomato mass through a sieve.
- Be careful with spices. When using herbs, do not overdo it, otherwise they will kill the flavor of pepper.Garlic, bay leaf and ground paprika are ideal for lecho.
- The basis of the classic lecho is salo. If you make a preservation, use an odorless and tasteless vegetable oil. Refined oil is the best option.
Now you know the basic subtleties and secrets of cooking good leko at home. Use them to give the dish a refined taste, homogeneous and delicate texture.
Classic recipe from bell peppers and tomatoes
Description of popular recipes start with the classic version. To prepare a dish for the winter, it fits perfectly. The rich composition and fragrant spices make an indispensable snack for the winter table.
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 kg.
- Tomatoes - 1 kg.
- Onions - 4 heads.
- Dill - 2 bunches.
- Garlic - 10 cloves.
- Sunflower oil - 1 cup.
- Sugar - 1 cup.
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Paprika and ground pepper - 1 teaspoon.
- Prepare tomatoes and sweet peppers. Rinse each vegetable with water, peel and cut into quarters. Peeled onion cut into half rings.
- Put a thick-walled pot on the stove, pour in vegetable oil.Put crushed onion in hot oil. When it is fried, add the tomatoes, salt and simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- In the pot, send sweet peppers. Stir the mass, extinguish 5 minutes under the lid and 10 with an open top. Do not forget to constantly stir the contents.
- After the time, add chopped garlic, vinegar and sugar to the pan, and after another 20 minutes, send the chopped greens, paprika and ground pepper. Stew lecho 10 minutes.
- For preparing winter snacks, sterilized jars are ideal. Put the dish in them, roll up and put it upside down. Cover the preservation with a warm blanket and leave for a day.
I think you have already seen that a dish with Hungarian roots and Russian improvements is easy to prepare. By showing a little patience, get a great snack for the winter, which will saturate the body with vitamins and delight the soul with delicious taste.
How to make lecho for the winter in the store
Store shelves are overflowing with preserved jars, but many hostesses are still making billets for the winter at home. And it is not surprising, because the home version combines natural products, excellent taste and benefits. There are no preservatives, dyes and other chemicals in it.
Recreating the store dish is problematic, because under industrial conditions, the ingredients are subjected to intense heat treatment, but in reality.
- Tomatoes - 3 kg.
- Sweet red pepper - 700 g.
- Sweet green pepper - 300 g.
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons.
- Rinse the pepper with water, remove the stalk with the seeds. After processing, cut into 2 squares 2 cm.
- After washing, cut the tomatoes in half, skip through a meat grinder, and then through a sieve. Pour the tomato paste into the pan, put it on the stove and cook until the volume is tripled.
- After boiling, weigh mashed potatoes to determine the amount of salt. On a liter of pasta, take a tablespoon of salt. Return the grated tomatoes to the stove, add sugar and pepper, cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Spread the hot mass into the cans. Make sure that the tomato paste completely covers the peppers. Cover the jars with lids, put in a wide pan, pour hot water to the hanger and sterilize for 30 minutes.
- After the time, remove the lecho jars from the water and roll them up. Put on the floor upside down and wrap.After cooling down, send to the place provided for preservation.
Such homemade lecho without vinegar tastes much like a shop, but it is distinguished by natural ingredients and maximum safety for the household. Be sure to try.
How to cook lecho like a grandmother
Lecho is an excellent snack for the winter. The recipe that I share below, I inherited from my grandmother. For many years of culinary practice, she brought it to perfection. I confess, it is tastier dishes than “Grandma's Lecho,” I did not have to try.
- Sweet pepper - 30 pods.
- Tomatoes - 3 kg.
- Sugar - 0.66 cup.
- Salt - 1.5 tablespoons.
- Vinegar - 150 ml.
- Sunflower oil - 1 cup.
- Rinse the pepper with water, cut it in half, remove the seeds and cut into long strips 1 cm wide. Fold in a large bowl.
- Wash the tomatoes. Mince clean vegetables through a meat grinder, put in a large saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. Add vinegar, sugar and salt, and vegetable oil. After boiling add pepper, mix and boil for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the cans.In each sterilized container, put on 2 slices of pre-peeled garlic, pour the snack and roll. Keep the preservation in the refrigerator or in the pantry.
Grandma Emma's video recipe
“Grandma's Lecho” I advise you to serve as a separate dish or as a side dish for meat, mashed potatoes or porridge. Any combination will bring a lot of joy and satisfy culinary needs.
Homemade lecho zucchini for the winter
There are many winter dishes that are suitable for long periods of storage. Among them, and lecho from zucchini in tomato sauce. To get a culinary masterpiece, I advise you to use young zucchini. They have a delicate skin and soft seeds. If the vegetables are old, cut off the rough skin.
- Young zucchini - 2 kg.
- Sweet pepper - 500 g
- Tomatoes - 1 kg.
- Onions - 10 heads.
- Tomato paste - 400 g
- Sunflower oil - 200 ml.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Sugar - 1 cup.
- Rinse the vegetables with water. Mince the tomatoes and chop the onion, pepper and zucchini in half rings. Put the vegetables in a deep container and leave for a few hours.
- When tomatoes and zucchini give juice, pour over diluted tomato paste. For the specified amount of paste, take a liter of water. Put a container of vegetables on the fire, add salt, sugar, vegetable oil and mix.
- After boiling, turn on the minimum heat and simmer for 10 minutes. After the time, pour in the vinegar, wait another 5 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Ready lecho pour into glass jars, roll up, put on the floor upside down and cover. An old jacket, a coat or an unnecessary blanket will suit the role of insulation. After 24 hours, check each jar for tightness.
Peach lecho perfectly complements the taste of wheat porridge, buckwheat or fried potatoes. Some housewives do use it as an additive in the preparation of hot dishes, including borscht. Lecho fills it with colors and multi-faceted taste.
Cooking lecho with rice for the winter
The last to consider my favorite homemade lecho recipe. Contrary to the simplicity of preparation and use of ordinary ingredients, an excellent snack for the winter is obtained, which is characterized by satiety, excellent taste and “short life” - eaten instantly.
- Tomatoes - 3 kg.
- Rice - 1.5 cups.
- Sweet pepper - 1 kg.
- Carrot - 1 kg.
- Onions - 1 kg.
- Garlic - 1 head.
- Vegetable oil - 400 ml.
- Sugar - 150 g.
- Vinegar - 100 ml.
- Salt - 3 tablespoons.
- Prepare the vegetables. Tomatoes dip in boiling water for 3 minutes, then pour with cold water, remove the skin. After that, pass through a meat grinder.
- Rinse the sweet pepper with water, remove the seeds and chop into straws, carrot pass through a large grater, finely chop the onion and garlic
- Mix the twisted tomatoes with salt, sugar and vegetable oil, mix and pour into a large enamel pan. Cover the container with a lid, put it on the stove, bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the prepared bell pepper, onion, garlic and carrots to the pan, mix. After boiling, pour in your favorite spices. I add 3 cloves, a teaspoon of a mixture of peppers, a tablespoon of paprika and a similar amount of mustard seeds to lecho.
- After 5 minutes, send the pre-washed rice to the saucepan, stir and simmer on minimal heat for a third of an hour. Five minutes before the end, add vinegar to the dish. At the very end, try the appetizer to taste. Adjust if necessary.
- Spread hot salad on sterile jars, roll, turn and wrap until cool. After that, remove the preservation in a darkened cool place for storage.
Lecho with rice is easily stored for a year. But in my family it is a great rarity, since the household readily absorbs it, both in pure form and with additions in the form of boiled potatoes or buckwheat porridge.
How to store lecho
Many canned vegetables and fruits for the winter. And each hostess understands that cooking and roll up a snack is half the battle. It remains to take care of the proper storage of conservation, otherwise “blasted” cans with lecho cannot be avoided.
Caring housewives are interested in whether it is possible to keep the conservation of the house, without resorting to the help of a cellar or cellar. And not every family has this opportunity. Yes, they are not needed. Harvested snacks for the winter are successfully stored in the apartment, provided that the place is right for the cans and the optimum climate is created.
- Before sending conservation for the winter, make sure that the cans are tight. To do this, turn each container upside down and wait. Products are stored for a long time only in well-sealed containers.
- Keep homemade lecho in a dark place. Do not let the sun on the snack.Storing seaming in the sun is fraught with deterioration of taste, rapid deterioration and the effect of champagne.
- If the contents of the jar are foamed, covered with mold or suspicious stains during storage, discard the food. Risk to health due to conservation is not worth it.
Compliance with the technology of preparation in conjunction with the correct storage makes it possible to enjoy the incredible taste of homemade lecho throughout the year. Each jar with a snack silently stands on the shelf, waiting for the moment when the caring owners decide to diversify the diet with the next portion of benefits.
How to change the username in the computer
Take the rope and some beads to create an amazing decoration
Pelageya, Barnabas and 43 more stars, which gave us KVN
How to make protein cream
Highlighting car doors
How to make soap with your own hands
What is procrastination and how to live with it
What are utilities?