How to cook a turnip?
Turnip is a very suitable vegetable for the diet and for lean dishes. About how to cook it for a lean table, we told in the article What to cook in the post. Today we will talk about what dishes you can cook from turnips.
The simplest turnip dish is turnip steamed. That is how it was prepared by our ancestors. But this is not the only option for making turnips. To cook a delicious turnip, it can also be boiled, stewed, baked and fried, like other root vegetables.
Turnips are also used to prepare side dishes and entrées, for example, mashed soups like pumpkin or mushrooms. Turnips are stuffed like squash. From it make mashed potatoes, like peas or potatoes.
Eat turnip and raw, making it salads. From turnips, you can even make a dessert: steam or bake it with honey or with sugar and dried fruits.
Let's take a look at some recipes with turnips.
- 4 turnips;
- 8 tbsp. l water;
- salt to taste
- Turn on the oven and let it warm up to 160-180 degrees.
- We clean and wash the turnip and then cut it into thin circles.
- Put the chopped turnip in a clay pot, add water and salt. Close the pot and put it in the oven for an hour and a half.
- Pour the ready turnip with butter.
Instead of the pot, you can use a roasting sleeve, only in it you need to make a puncture for the steam to exit.
- 10 turnips;
- 2 tbsp. l butter;
- 1 tbsp. milk;
- 0.5 tbsp. sour cream;
- 2 eggs;
- 0.3 art. breadcrumbs;
- Turnip clean, wash and put in the pan. Fill with cold water and cook to a strong soft root.
- Pour out the water from the pan and knead the turnip with mashed potatoes.
- Put the butter, warm milk, raw eggs and breadcrumbs in mashed potatoes. Whip all with a whisk or mixer.
- We shift mashed potatoes in a deep frying pan or a baking dish, grease the top with mashed sour cream and bake in a hot oven for about 10 minutes.
- 6 turnips;
- 1 onion;
- 300 g of white mushrooms or champignons;
- 1 hard boiled egg;
- 2 tbsp. l butter;
- 2 tbsp. l ground crackers;
- 2 tbsp. l flour;
- black pepper.
- Boil cleaned turnips (whole) in salted water and cool.
- Clean and grind hard-boiled eggs.
- In butter, fry until dark golden shredded onions and mushrooms. Finely chop the parsley.
- Mix onion, mushrooms, eggs, crackers and herbs in a bowl, add salt and pepper.
- With the turnips, carefully cut off the tops, and with a teaspoon take out part of the pulp. Fill the turnips with filling and cover with cut tops.
- We coat the turnips with whipped protein, roll in breadcrumbs and put in a baking dish.
- Pour a centimeter layer of water on the bottom of the mold and bake the turnip for about 15-20 minutes.
Now you know how to cook a turnip delicious. It remains only to try out the recipes in practice!
Mariah Carey has lost 12 kilos
Bit the cat what to do
Who do lawyers work
What to wear in the summer in the city
How to cook eggs