How to cook a paste?
Watch the video
During the repair process, glue may be required urgently. For example, wallpaper is almost finished, but glue has ended. Naturally, there is no time to go to the store and I want to quickly finish the job. Then you can use the old proven method - cook the paste itself.
Homemade glue is quite reliable, and in some cases according to its characteristics, it fits better than special industrial glue. Paste is very appropriate if you glue wallpaper on the walls, treated with linseed oil or oil paint. So, let's talk about how to cook paste at home.
How is the paste prepared?
Prepare paste in several ways.
It will take 1 liter of water and 200-250 grams of flour.
- We take a container, pour water there and set it on fire. Bring to a boil.
- Add flour. To paste without lumps, do not forget to constantly stir.
- When the mass becomes slightly thick, about the dough for pancakes, remove from heat and let cool.
Remember that you can not use a warm paste - it can ruin the wallpaper. It is also best to use wheat flour. Rye flour can leave dark traces on light wallpaper. If the lumps still remain, strain the paste through cheesecloth.
Potato starch paste
The proportions are similar to the previous recipe: 1 liter oxen and 200 grams of starch.
- Fill the starch with 500 ml of water, stirring thoroughly. We bring to the consistency of sour cream.
- Pour boiling water in a thin stream - the remaining 500 ml, stirring constantly.
- The paster will be ready when the mass becomes transparent and gelatinous.
There are a lot of ways to make paste at home, you need to choose the one that suits you best.
How to draw a sea
Kate Moss appreciated the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
How to draw an elf
A test of knowledge of the rules of etiquette
A simple file knife