How to connect a Rostelecom modem?
Watch the video
Rostelecom is one of the most common providers in Russia. Not surprisingly, many people use its services. In addition, Rostelecom often has stocks in which they offer favorable terms for connecting and purchasing modems.
To connect the modem to Rostelecom, in addition to it, we need a computer with a network card and a splitter:
- First you need to connect the splitter. It is placed at the beginning of the telephone cable (to telephones, modems and other devices). An ordinary telephone cable with a standard telephone crimp is inserted into it.
- Further two cables are inserted into it with the same plugs. One goes to the telephone line, the other to the Internet. What cable where we connect is written next to the outputs on the splitter.
- Now the telephone Internet cable is connected to the modem.
- We connect the power supply to the modem and insert it into the outlet.
- A network cable (Ethernet) is connected from the modem to the network card of the computer.
To configure the modem, follow the instructions for setting up and connecting the enclosed to your contract. The modem is configured via the computer’s browser; to do this, the following steps must be taken:
- Open the network connections and make sure the new connection is created and connected.
- If not, check that all devices are connected correctly and the green light on the network card is lit. If necessary, create a new local connection with the ip address 192.168.1.0 and the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 (or others specified in the Rostelecom instructions).
- Open a browser.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, only numbers with dots, no spaces or other characters.
- The modem interface will open. Further settings are different for different models and are made according to the instructions that are included on the web stream CD and in printed form.
Winona Ryder defended Johnny Depp
Why legs are burning
Which plastic bags are better
How to write the text online on png images so that transparency remains thanks in advance
How to track the parcel