How to collect sea buckthorn?
Watch the video
Sea buckthorn is a garden berry, incredibly useful, but difficult to collect. Sea buckthorn usually ripens by the end of August, its berries are filled with juice and, since they are located very close to each other, they stick round the branch on which they grow. This causes great inconvenience when collecting. However, experienced gardeners still adapted to harvesting buckthorn bushes and gladly share their valuable tips. So, how to collect sea buckthorn?
Tips for collecting sea buckthorn
- To prevent allergic reactions, as well as for the safety of clothing, be sure to wear an apron and gloves. The juice of this berry can give irritation, and it is completely impossible to clean it from clothes.
- It is much more convenient to pick berries from the top of the head to the bottom of the branch.
- If you are going to freeze the berries, or use them for cooking, then you can try an easy way to collect them. It lies in the fact that you first need to cut the branches completely and freeze them. And then pick berries from the branches.It is much easier to do it from frozen branches than from fresh ones. However, cutting branches can damage the tree itself. You can not cut all the branches at the same time, you need a break.
- You can first cut the twigs, and start collecting fresh berries already sitting at home, above the table. This method is long, laborious, but the berries will remain unharmed. However, as in the past, it can damage the tree. It should be careful
- If you need not the berries themselves, but their juice, then you can squeeze it directly from the branches. To do this, put on thick gloves, and hold your hand from the base of the branch to the tip, squeezing the berries over the bowl.
Why women need to be entitled to old age
How to raise children
How to open a bottle of wine
What is the benefit
How to remove eyelashes
Simple arbor for 1 day
How to be a gentleman