How to clean the mattress from smell and stains
The mattress is a multi-layer construction, for the manufacture of which different materials are used: foam rubber, coconut, bike, holofiber, cotton wool, etc. Cleaning the mattresses at home is possible, but keep in mind that stubborn and old stains, accumulation of fluid in tissues provoke microbial reproduction and the occurrence mold, which is reflected in the appearance of the bed and its smell.
Harmful fumes adversely affect human health, causing allergic rhinitis and skin rashes. Therefore, sooner or later the mattress will need a professional chemical. cleaning.
Cleaning the mattress from stains
Armed with a washcloth and detergent to remove dirt from the mattress, first understand what is the origin of the stain, whether it is fresh or old. The choice of cleaning agent, sequence of actions, precautionary rules depend on this.
- Wet a fresh wet stain thoroughly with a paper or lint-free non-staining cloth.Collect moisture, preventing penetration into the deeper layers, as when cleaning the sofas.
- To remove fresh contaminants without a pungent smell, use warm water or a soapy solution. Wet the surface with a sponge moistened with liquid. Alternative: use a washing vacuum cleaner.
- Old stains should be removed with special stain removers. Use your own cooked compositions (a few recipes are discussed below). First wet the surface, then act on the structure.
- It is impossible to fill in plentifully with water or detergent - the liquid will penetrate into the deep layers of the mattress, and this is a reason for the development of mold.
- Clean with moisture resistant gloves. Stain removers have a negative effect on the skin.
IMPORTANT:do not rub stains on mattresses - ruin the fabric. Caustic compounds and friction damage matter, distort the product.
Textile Stain Removers
Spots of urine, fat, blood or markers, it is advisable to remove the specialized products of household chemicals. These include well-proven stain removers TM "Amway", "Vanish", "Dr. Beckmann.They do not spoil the fabric, differ tolerable smell, also suitable for Palaces.
Antipyatin, Unimax Ultra, Loc and others are widely used to eliminate fresh and old pollution. Purchased compositions are produced in a convenient form (in the form of pencils, napkins, etc.).
When choosing a product, pay attention to the precautionary measures and the way of application, especially if children and animals are at home. Price is not the main selection criterion, because the result is important.
Handle with ethyl or ammonia. Put on gloves, moisten a cotton pad or cloth in the product and blot the spot thoroughly. Leave until completely dry. If necessary, repeat the procedure.
Traces of fat are removed and using talc or potato starch. Cover the product with soiling, cover with a dry cloth and iron. Vacuum talcum or starch after 15 minutes. Copes with greasy places dishwashing detergent (diluted with water and sprayed on the spot).
- Red wine and liquor is removed by sprinkling with table salt or soda. After a few minutes, the powder is carefully collected, the contamination is washed over with a wet washcloth.
- Juice from the surface of the mattress is removed with a mixture of vinegar and ammonia, combined in equal quantities. Alternative: mix lemon juice and cold water in equal proportions (or replace with a solution based on citric acid).
- Coffee, spilled on the bed, remove using the composition of the two components: 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of liquid ammonia. Removes coffee stains with saline, a mixture of alcohol and vinegar, mild soap.
- Stains of tea and beer are removed with a solution of table vinegar.
Spots of urine, vomiting, feces
Organic contaminants are not easily removed because they contain complex compounds and have a strong odor. This applies to children's urine and traces left by pets. With similar problems are struggling in several ways.
- Household or liquid soap, powder without colored granules. Prepare a soap solution and process the stain, preventing moisture from penetrating deep. Collect excess liquid with napkins.
- A lemon solution (on the basis of natural juice or powdered acid) is applied to the surface for 1.5-2 hours, gently washing away the pollution.
- Combine in equal amounts of salt and lemon juice.The resulting mixture is applied to the problem site, leave for 1 hour, after wipe with a damp sponge.
- Add in 100 ml of hydrogen peroxide, 2 tablespoons of soda, a couple of drops of liquid soap. Stir and quickly pour into a spray bottle, as the ingredients are active for several minutes. Spray the mixture, blot with a cloth moistened with water after 5 minutes. Collect the liquid with a towel.
- Dilute vinegar with water in a ratio of 1: 3. The solution neutralizes uric acid, eliminates the pungent odor. Apply through a spray or gently blot with a sponge. Top it with soda, which will fix the result and absorb the excess liquid. After 15 minutes, blot with napkins.
- A mixture of table vinegar, water, detergent or laundry detergent, baking soda in proportions of 1: 0.5: 0.5: 2 is effective in combating urine stains. The tool is applied to the mattress, leave for a few minutes, then get wet with a wet cloth, dried with a towel.
- Mix in a small glass 50 ml of hydrogen peroxide, a handful of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of toothpaste. Apply to the stain, wait for drying, scrape with a blunt knife, collect the rest with a vacuum cleaner.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of ammonia in 100 ml of water. Moisten a cotton pad, apply to the problem area, and repeat if necessary with a more concentrated solution.
- Spray on the stain with a glass cleaner, rub the dirt with a sponge. Wash off the residue with ammonia dissolved in water.
- Heat a little glycerin and apply with a cotton pad. The trace of pollution is cleaned with ammonia.
- Cat litter is filled with a small fraction on a fresh stain, pressed down and left for half an hour. After it is removed with a broom or vacuum cleaner, the surface is treated in any way.
The main rule: do not use hot water and heated detergent compositions, otherwise the protein will collapse, and it will be harder to remove the stain. Blood is removed in several ways.
- Laundry soap. Rub the stain and foam using a toothbrush. Wash the soap solution with water, collect the moisture with dry wipes.
- Connect 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of salt, put this solution in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture onto a fresh stain of blood and pat dry with a rag.
- Mix 1 cup of water and half a cup of baking soda.Liberally blot gauze in this solution, put on pollution. After half an hour, remove the cleansing “compress” and rinse off the remnants with a clean wet sponge.
- Combine starch, salt and hydrogen peroxide (3%) in a ratio of 2: 1: 1. Apply the mixture and wait for drying. Remove the paste with a napkin.
- Dissolve an aspirin tablet in a glass of water. Wipe the problem area with the resulting solution.
- Wet the surface with hydrogen peroxide without blocking the formation of foam. Upon completion, wash the dirt, dry.
- At 0.5 liters of water, add 1 tablespoon of dishwashing detergent. Stir the mixture and apply to the dirt. Brush with a toothbrush, remove any foam left with a damp sponge.
The dirt is removed with a mixture of vinegar and warm water, combined in equal proportions. After thorough blotting, cover the surface with warm water or soapy water.
Traces of decorative cosmetics
Lipstick, mascara and similar impurities are carefully removed with blotting paper. Gently remove the residue with a cotton swab moistened with alcohol. If necessary, wash the products with non-aggressive detergent composition, for example, soap solution.
Nail polish and ink stains
Such pollution at home is eliminated in one way: with a special nail polish remover. But first try on the unobtrusive part of the mattress. Dampen the cotton swab in acetone and soak up the nail polish with gentle touches. The ink is removed with a concentrated lemon solution.
The remains of the stiffened paraffin accurately clean off a dull knife. Then iron the back of the case with an iron through blotting paper. The final stage is the removal of the remaining oily base stains with alcohol.
Traces of glue, chewing gum
Cover the contaminated area with ice, preferably dry. After cooling, remove dirt with a blunt knife. Stains on the fabric eliminate with alcohol, it is desirable to moisten them through blotting paper.
Persistent soiling and stains of unknown origin
Dilute dishwashing detergent in water, pour into spray bottle. Apply the composition to the stain and cover with an absorbent cloth. After some time, remove.
Excellent results show soda and hydrogen peroxide. Pour a layer of soda 1 mm high onto the surface.From above spray the mixture from a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water, combined in a ratio of 1: 2. Leave the resulting foaming gruel to act for 2 hours, remove the residue with napkins and a vacuum cleaner.
To remove stains of urine and old persistent contaminants, use borax, as for the preparation of lime. Rub in a wet spot (fresh or old, moistened with water). When the agent dries, collect the powder with a vacuum cleaner.
To remove old stains, use a UV lamp and a vacuum cleaner.
Brown rim of the old spot
It is formed between the wet and dry areas of the fabric during the removal of dirt and is removed with the help of laundry detergent, which does not contain colored granules. For prevention, dry the wet places on the mattress with a hair dryer without the inclusion of hot tena.
IMPORTANT:using vinegar and other formulations to remove stains, which have strong odors, open windows to ventilate the room or perform cleaning on the balcony or in the garage.
It is better to entrust the solution of this task to professionals. To fight mold, dry the mattress, putting it on a balcony or loggia.Additional processing of the product with purchase and home disinfectants is possible.
IMPORTANT:Chlorine-containing detergents cannot be used to combat mold and pollution. At home it will not be possible to completely wash the product. The pungent smell of chlorine irritates the mucous membranes.
Buying a mattress, pay attention to the composition. Some materials are allergenic, have a specific smell. Evaluate the condition of the package.
Smell of unpacked mattress
The unpleasant smell of the new product appears due to unfavorable storage conditions, poor-quality packaging. In good weather conditions, take it to the street, covered with a light cloth. Leave in fresh air for a couple of days. If the apartment does not have a balcony, a loggia or a private courtyard, ensure there is good ventilation in the house, putting the mattress closer to the window.
Smells of pollution
Stains of sweat, urine, vomiting, some foods, cosmetics have a peculiar smell. To clean the mattress, stock up with waterproof gloves to keep your hands skin. Optimal home deodorizing treatments:
- Sprinkle with soda.Evenly spread on the surface of the stain, leave for a day. Vacuum clean the cleaner. Alternative: cover with damp baking soda.
- Washing powder for delicate or children's items. Use the same as soda.
- Apply a freshly squeezed lemon juice or citric acid solution to the problem area. Carefully blot the stain with the chosen agent and let it dry.
- Mix the vinegar solution with water in a ratio of 1: 3 and treat the contamination. If the result is not satisfactory, sprinkle a wet stain with soda for several hours.
- Wet the spot rubbed with a bar of soap for 20 minutes, after which the foam is removed with acetic solution. Remove excess moisture with a dry napkin.
- Washing the cover with ammonia solution. It is necessary to mix 400 ml of water, 100 ml of hydrogen peroxide, 100 ml of ammonia. The composition is applied to contamination with a wet sponge or spray, the wet place is gently washed with cold running water and dried.
- Applying a solution of potassium permanganate to the urine stain. The smell and the problem will disappear when it comes to a fresh "label."
- Washing the contamination with a solution of hydrogen peroxide (12 drops added to 1 liter of water).Delicately process the stain and dry.
- Remove dirt and odor with iodine solution (not applicable for light-padded mattresses). In 1 liter of water, add 20 drops of antiseptic, moisten a cotton pad, handle contamination.
Destroy the unpleasant odors of urine, sweat, tobacco from the bed can be disinfectant: vodka, glycerin, salt.
INTERESTING:prevent unpleasant odors from spreading on the bed by spilling green tea leaves between the mattress and the bed frame.
Specialty Odor Absorbers
Specialized products - loose, in the form of a spray, etc., are sold in pet stores, supermarkets of household chemicals, profile online stores. To get rid of the smell of cat urine and labels really with the help of the scent absorber "ViSi Klose". In the bed, put the sachet, made independently or purchased in the store.
Features cleaning orthopedic mattresses
Moisturize orthopedic mattresses should be in a pinch. Penetration of moisture into the deep layers will lead to the appearance of mold and rust.Remember, products are different in structure and fillers, it is difficult for a layman to take it into account.
It is advisable to use a cover in order to eliminate stains without harm. Orthopedic products are cleaned with conventional means, but with one condition: they act carefully and do not fill with water or detergent composition. Dry in fresh air with a fan or a hairdryer. Allowed to clean with a steam cleaner or a washing vacuum cleaner.
Protect the mattress from contamination - it saves time and effort, will extend the time of use. This will help in the implementation of the simplest preventive recommendations.
- Use a mattress pad that can be easily washed in a typewriter.
- Get a moisture cover. It is indispensable when it comes to children's bed.
- Turn the mattress once a week. Swap "head" and "legs", "top" and "bottom".
- Regularly clean the mattress with a vacuum cleaner, wipe the bed frame from dust.
- Once a month, wrap the product with a damp sheet and knock it out or use a steam generator, then expose it to fresh air for ventilation. This is the prevention of pollution, odors and parasites.
- Get in the household chemical goods stores to protect the mattresses from dust accumulation, breeding bedbugs, harmful bacteria.
- Consider the type of product and fillers when choosing the type of cleaning. Many mattresses should not be treated with a steam generator; for others, only dry cleaning is allowed.
Caring for a mattress at home is not an easy task, but a must. Take care of it, because the quality of your rest and your health depends on it.
The influence of the choice of region on the power of the router
Where is the Oka
How to get rid of bad thoughts
How to connect a Rostelecom modem
Features of endoscopy
What are the relationships
Very useful cheat sheets for every woman