How to Check if Your Computer Can Have a Wifi Card
All recent computer can have a wireless adapter or WiFi card. Some who PC 's might not have the required slots on the motherboard free anymore, in this case you can always plug in a USB wireless adapter. Though these are less powerful they can always be used on any windows released after and including windows XP. 95 98 ME and 2000 might also be able to use them but if you really want WiFi XP at least is recommended.
The steps below you can undertake to see whether or not you still have a slot on your motherboard open.
Shut down your PC and remove the power cord and turn the power switch to off.
Open your computer-case.Note that opening your case may void warranty. If you still have warranty or you are uncertain your warranty has voided already check this first. If you do not want to void warranty read the tips and then skip to the bottom part of this guide.
Next you need to check whether or not you have the required slot open.There are like 6 different slots you can come across. Usually the types are listed somewhere near the slots. The slots are the plastic bar-like looking things on the motherboard. The slots you want are PCI slots. Usually they have a beige color though they may vary a bit. They will always be close to the back of your computer and always facing the same direction. If any of them is free this means you can install a WiFi card. (Note: If you do not want to void warranty read the tips first then continue to read the guide).
Once you found out the type of motherboard you have look for images or specifications of the motherboard.Now you will be able to see if you have the needed PCI slot.
Anyway now you know how many PC slots you have from the image or motherboard specs, now you need to count how many cards there actually are installed, this can be fairly easy done by counting the amount of horizontal lines which have ports at the back of your computer if your computer is a tower (standing up straight rather then laying on his side).
There is, of course, a chance the slots are taken, in this case you might want to remove one of the cards to make room for the WiFi card.
Note that removing one of the cards may cause sound to stop working or even the monitor or other needed stuff.Do not remove any of the cards before knowing what they do. If all else fails, go to a local IT-shop or the closest IT-person you can find.
QuestionMy laptop cannot detect any LAN networks. What's going on?Top AnswererCheck to see if your LAN services are running. Most laptops have a built-in LAN card. See if the LAN service is disabled.Thanks!
- If all else fails go to the store where you bought the computer or contact someone with Computer-knowledge, or consider voiding your warranty by opening the computer.
- First of all when starting up your computer you see a lot of different things. You might see a splash screen with the name of the producer of the motherboard and maybe even a type of the motherboard.
- If you have a PC bought from DELL or a company that sells pre-formatted computers like dell which all have a different type, you can try googling the type of the computer and search for motherboard specifications.
- All the following tips relate to finding out the type of your motherboard.
- You can try to use various hardware listing tools to find out specifications about your computer. Remember Google is your friend. You want to specifically look what kind of chip set you have and what socket you have. Also the maker of the motherboard will come in handy.
- Opening your computer case voids the warranty in most cases.
- During performing these activities its possible you damage your hardware when not being cautious. Make sure the PC is off, or even better unplugged, if you choose to open it up. Wires can be touched as long as they are isolated, it's best you do not touch anything else. Try not to be statically charged (always keep one hand on the case (if it's from metal) or any other metal object). Work on a steady surface. Do not use magnetic screwdrivers etc to poke around. Just open the case, look for what you need and close it up again.
Video: How to Check if Computer has Bluetooth in Windows 10
Ultimate Fat-Burning Workout Plan to Shed Pounds Inches
Strawberry, Lime, and Basil Smash Drink
How to Execute an Inward Dive on Springboard
What Does Pansexual Mean
How to Carve on a Skateboard
Run The Marathon des Sables
Sophie Turner Is Latest Celebrity to Dye Hair PlatinumBlonde
Clementine Meringue Recipe
Cristina Pedroche como nunca la habías visto
How to Be a Girl Jock
Isagenix Diet – What Is It And How Does It Work
The Best Quotes on the Power of the ColorBlack