How to arrange the lamps?
It is no secret that in most cases, properly selected lighting creates real wonders in the interior. It is with the help of light that one can achieve a visual expansion of the space, underlining specific objects in the room, etc. First of all, this task relates to ceiling lights, the placement of which even depends largely on the overall interior design. Therefore, in this article we will describe how to arrange lamps on the ceiling.
Basic recommendations for the location of lamps
Before you decide on the location of the ceiling lights, you should understand the characteristics of the room and choose the type of lamp to it. Obviously, the lighting in the toilet room, in the office and the bedroom is completely different. Therefore, it is necessary to find out what kind of light you want to receive as a result.
A large luminous flux in the house, as a rule, may be needed for the winter garden, nursery, game or gym rooms. Such spaces usually require good lighting completely.In this part of the room, where there is a cage with pets or an aquarium, also need a strong light, but here you can get by equipping a powerful light flux only a certain space. In this case, you can arrange the lamps on the ceiling unevenly, creating a different level of illumination in different areas of the room.
The reverse option is the room where the fireplace is located. For greater harmony of the interior, it is desirable that it be in the dim light. Therefore, the lamps on the ceiling should be positioned so that the fireplace remains in the shade, but the rest of the room “does not suffer” from a lack of light.
A little lighting will also be needed for the bedroom, bathroom and toilet. In the bedroom, for example, the best option is diffused light, which can be provided with a dimmer (adjusting the brightness of the light). It should be remembered that the additional light sources in almost every bedroom are a night light, a sconce or a floor lamp mounted by the bed. Therefore, several sources on the ceiling is enough. Floor lamps and wall lamps can also create additional comfort in the room (read the article How to decorate a room).
To determine how to place lights in the bathroom and in the toilet, you should remember an important rule. The presence of tile in these rooms, various shiny surfaces (for example, nickel) and mirrors greatly enhances the lighting effects. This means that strong lighting that you don’t need in a bathroom can even become blinding in the truest sense of the word. Experts recommend placing 4-8 sources in such rooms, while installing them on the ceiling symmetrically. Remember also that such spaces should be equipped with lamps that are not afraid of moisture.
Choosing a ceiling light
In order to understand how to arrange the lamps on the ceiling correctly, consider their main types and features:
- Spotlights: the variety of shapes, designs and colors of this type allows you to decorate any interior with such lighting. In addition, these lamps fit any ceiling.
- Fluorescent lamps: this type is characterized by low heat, but it is not intended for wet rooms. Suitable for suspended ceilings.
- LED lamps: differ in the minimum heating and long service life.They provide an even luminous flux. However, a prerequisite for this type is a well ventilated room.
- Incandescent bulbs: a very common type, which is easy to use and low cost. Suitable for wet areas, but has a high heat dissipation.
Incandescent bulbs are similar in their characteristics to halogen lamps. Both types have limitations for use in suspended ceilings. It is recommended to use a dimmer when using them.
How to arrange spotlights
Most often, when choosing a ceiling light in recent years preference is given to spotlights. Their location has its own characteristics, which you need to know:
- The distance between such a lamp and the seam must be at least 20 cm.
- In the case of a stretch ceiling, it is better to choose outdoor lights, since they guarantee better cooling and are able to illuminate more space.
- In cases where spotlights are located outside, the distance between the ceiling and the ceiling may be less.
- For the correct location and determination of the number of luminaires should pay attention to the power of the lamps, the type and area of the room, as well as the presence of additional light sources.
Fine ceiling lights are suitable for rooms with low ceilings. Read about it in the article How to increase the height of the ceiling.
You should know that 1 point light illuminates up to 2 square meters of space. In addition, the classic version is the environment of the chandelier, which provides the main bright lighting, spotlights, providing soft and diffused light.
If we assume that the lamps are the only source of lighting in the room, then we can calculate the light power for different rooms:
- playroom or children's room - 8-9 W per 1 m²;
- dining room or kitchen - 4-5 W per 1 m²;
- living room - 3-4 W per 1 m²;
- bedroom and bathroom - 2-3 W per 1 m²;
- hall or corridor - 1-2 W per 1 m².
Urgently improving self-esteem
Why am I ugly
How to copy SMS
How to understand that relationships are exhausted
10 things that will help update the interior to the spring
Unusual and easy way to weave from the remnants of the fabric
Colors in interior design