How do cats get sick?
The appearance of a pet gives not only the joy of communicating with him, but also the responsibility for the health and even the life of a new family member. Unfortunately, the animal will not be able to complain about feeling unwell and sick, so a caring owner should know which signals in changing behavior should be regarded as the initial symptoms of their pet's illness.
First symptoms of malaise
In particular, you should know how cats get sick. The first signs of an illness to an animal are often expressed as:
- The behavior of the cat changes dramatically. Early calm kitten suddenly became too active and naughty, or, conversely, the active animal lies almost all the time.
- Excessive water intake is a characteristic symptom of kidney disease.
- Excessive salivation is the main sign of rabies in an animal, although it can also be caused by diseases such as inflammation of the oral cavity, toothache or liver disease.
How to understand that a cat is sick, to change its appetite? If a cat does not eat anything for more than a day and a half, this is a reason for an urgent consultation with a veterinarian, even if the animal looks normal and looks healthy.Conversely, excessive appetite is also a sign of the disease, and it is quite possible that the cat has hyperthyroidism.
Cats are also susceptible to many diseases and, like people, need treatment and prevention of various ailments. That is why you should think carefully before you have a pet. If you do decide, now (if the animal already lives in your house) should be attentive to him and his health. The older an animal becomes, the more susceptible it is to various diseases. How to find out what a cat is sick with? This is quite easy to do, because there are several major signs of disease.
- Diseases of the respiratory system are manifested minor morning cough, which develops into shortness of breath, especially after outdoor games. In addition, the cat may sniffle, wheeze, or sneeze for no apparent reason.
- Disturbed metabolism, which is a consequence of hyperthyroidism or diseases of the liver and kidneys, is expressed by frequent and constant vomiting.
- Allergies to certain foods also manifest vomiting and weakness of the animal.
- Fleas, a scabies mite and ringworm will certainly cause the cat's desire to constantly lick and itch.
- Diarrhea or constipation in an animal is a sign of infection by internal parasites.
- The appearance of a tumor and even a slight swelling, especially on the pet's abdomen (not to be confused with fat), is the main symptom of a malignant tumor and requires the immediate intervention of a veterinarian.
So let's summarize. How to find out if a cat is sick? It is enough to carefully monitor your pet and not ignore any changes in its behavior and appearance.
How to determine if a cat is sick? In some cases it is not easy, but it is very necessary for timely treatment to the veterinarian and provide medical assistance to the animal. In addition, for effective prevention of diseases, it is necessary to properly feed your pet and remember that food from a person’s table is an inappropriate food for a cat. You need to keep the animal clean. Cats themselves are very clean animals, but there may be situations when a person needs to wash the cat. This should be done, but after washing it is necessary to dry the animal and keep it warm so that the cat does not catch a cold.
If the animal is injured and the wounds are small, then they must be treated in order to avoid harmful bacteria in the cat's body. Also, of course, you need to monitor the cleanliness of the cat litter.
By following these simple tips, you can save your cat from many diseases. And of course, she needs to give her love and affection, as the cat can also get sick from a lack of spiritual warmth.
Corfu - a luxury island for your trip
How to make cotton candy
What to make from apples
Rafaello with chicken - an unusual and tasty snack for a festive table
How to paint wallpaper