Apple and Pear Baskets
sheets fresh or frozen (thawed) phyllo
medium Golden Delicious apples
medium Bartlett pears
1/2 c. dried cherries or raisins
vanilla frozen nondairy dessert
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On work surface, stack sheets of phyllo (about 17" by 12" each), one on top of the other. With knife, cut stack lengthwise in half, then crosswise in half (you will have forty-eight 8 1/2" by 6" sheets of phyllo).
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt 4 tablespoons margarine (1/2 stick).
- Lightly brush six 10-ounce custard cups with melted margarine. Place 2 sheets of phyllo, one on top of the other; brush top sheet with some melted margarine. Arrange phyllo in a custard cup. Place 2 more sheets of phyllo, one on top of the other, and brush top sheet with some melted margarine and place crosswise over phyllo in cup. Crimp edges of phyllo to make pretty edge. Repeat with 20 more phyllo sheets to make 5 more cups. Keep remaining phyllo covered with damp towels to prevent it from drying out.
- Place custard cups in jelly-roll pan for easier handling. Bake phyllo cups 10 to 12 minutes until phyllo is crisp and golden. Cool in cups on wire racks about 15 minutes, then carefully remove phyllo cups from custard cups.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and melted margarine to make 6 more phyllo cups. If not serving right away, store phyllo cups in tightly covered container or zip-tight plastic bags until ready to use.
- Peel and slice apples. In 12-inch skillet over high heat, heat 3 tablespoons margarine, 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice until melted. Stir in apples to coat. Continue cooking over high heat until apples are golden brown and softened, about 15 minutes. Remove apples to bowl.
- Peel and slice pears. In same skillet over high heat, heat 3 tablespoons margarine, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice until melted. Stir in pears and dried cherries to coat. Continue cooking over high heat until pears are golden and liquid thickens, about 20 minutes. Add pears to apple mixture in bowl. If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, reheat fruit mixture. Arrange phyllo cups on platter. Place scoop of frozen nondairy dessert in each phyllo cup; top with warm fruit. Serve immediately.
Video: Applegate Gift Baskets | Gourmet Baskets
Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Are Officially BackTogether
Too Much Sitting Raises Odds for Cancer
Summer Grilled Vegetables Recipe
Stolen 2M Ferrari Daytona 328 Found Burnt Out In Melbourne
Model Minute: Miranda Kerr
12 Ways to Bring Your Family Closer
How to Store Healthy Snacks in Your Work Desk
Trend to Try: Modern Pastel Sunglasses forFall
14 Ways To Survive The Holidays with Your DietIntact
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Scallops
How to Maintain a Garbage Disposal
Cranberry Sauce with Pears
How to Feed a Horse a Mint
This Is the Spot Where You Want to Be Touched Most During Foreplay
Date: 06.12.2018, 18:49 / Views: 52344